Dorit can help you with a variety of health conditions such as:
Dorits aim as a naturopathic practitioner is to treat the causes of disease and to stimulate the healing power of the body by using natural techniques and therapies such as:
1. First, do no harm Using low-risk procedures, techniques and healing compounds to stimulate the healing power of the body and balance deficiencies and excess, such as dietary supplements, herbal extracts, homeopathy, aromatherapy and reflexology. These techniques have few or no side effects and, even when compounded, are not interfering. Where possible do not suppress symptoms, which are the body’s efforts to self-heal. For example, the body may invoke a fever in reaction to a bacterial infection. Fever creates an unfriendly environment for the harmful bacteria, thereby destroying it. Of course, a physician (naturopathic or allopathic) would not allow the fever to get dangerously high. Customize each diagnosis and treatment plan to fit each patient. We all heal in different ways and the naturopathic physician respects our differences.
2. Identify and treat causes Naturopathic physicians understand that symptoms will return unless the root illness is addressed. Rather than cover up symptoms, they seek to find and treat the cause of these symptoms.
3. Let nature heal Our bodies have a powerful, innate instinct for self-healing. By finding and removing the barriers to this self-healing—such as poor diet or unhealthy habits—naturopathic physicians can help to nurture this process.
4. Treat the whole person We each have a unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, sexual and spiritual makeup. The naturopathic physician knows that all of these factors affect our health. That’s why he or she includes them in a carefully tailored treatment strategy.
5. Educate patients Naturopathic medicine believes that doctors must be educators, as well as physicians. That’s why naturopathic physicians teach their patients how to eat, exercise, relax and nurture themselves physically and emotionally. They also encourage self-responsibility and work closely with each patient.
6. Prevent illness Proactive medicine saves money, pain, misery and lives. That’s why naturopathic physicians evaluate risk factors, heredity and vulnerability to disease. By getting treatment for greater wellness, we’re less likely to need treatment for future illness